Because you just can't have a good week!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Well the past week has definitely not gone my way in the slightest! Maybe my happy mood and gloating was far too much for some higher power, as I have been incredibly ill since publishing my last post haha!

It started out with just a simple sore throat, nothing I should've been worried about. But then my body temperature started climbing up and by Thursday morning I was pretty much bed bound because of it. Thankfully the fever dropped back down by Friday, I actually got an invite to a wedding reception and it would've killed me to miss it! I felt priviliged to be there for the happy couple's special day, they looked so incredibly happy and I wish both of them all the best. ♥ Can't wait to see all the wedding pictures.


The dress I bought for the wedding -  I actually had to go dress hunting between shifts on Friday (yeah, on the day of the wedding!!), it was far too stressful for my liking! :D

Because of this stupid cold / flu / spawn of something unpleasant I've decided to relax with this diet plan a little bit. The good thing about this plan is that I don't have to stress about the end date at all, so if I need to take a week "off" from it, I can. I don't think I should put my body through such a strict and calculated diet when it is run down by some bug. I'm obviously still eating very sensibly, I'm just adding more carbs and fats to my diet for now and return to the plan once I feel healthier again.


A very 'I feel sorry for myself' type of meal last week - Chicken Amaras (sweet, mango based curry), pilau rice, sag aloo and a naan bread.

This is the type of plan that starts at set dates throughout the year, and all the people taking part have the chance to chat on a forum specific for that group. We actually have a Facebook group going on as well, and I've seen a lot of people say that they've fallen ill since starting the plan. Not sure if it's just coincidence or if this is our bodies' way of reacting to the new way of eating. But then again, I've been eating pretty similar to this for a very long time ande my body should already be used to it surely?

I was actually preparing myself to go to the doctor's today, as my tonsils would not settle down. I actually survived through the weekend with the help of a lot of painkillers to keep the swelling down, but thankfully it seems like they're starting to get back to normal now. I actually had tonsilitis for over a month a few years ago, was so worried I'd have to go through that nightmare again.

Oh and before I forget! My first Noom Voices article was published earlier this week! I'm so proud to be a part of the Noomily, can't wait to get started with my next article! My plan with these journal articles is to talk about the ups and downs of weight loss - and I think I know exactly what to talk about in my next one! ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments