Climatised!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm not usually the one to say anything about the cold weather (being from northern Europe and all, where we actually have cold winters), but today and yesterday I've just been freezing my bits off! :D We don't have our heating on during the days yet as we are trying to save money on heating and electric bills, so it's time to just suck it up and find millions of layers of clothes when I'm at home during the day.

And that's pretty much what I did! :D T-shirt, hoodie (birthday present from my lovely friend Nils by the way! ♥), slacks and two pairs of socks. And those stripy woolen socks are hand made by my mum! I wish I had the patience and time to relearn how to knit socks and mittens, I'd be sorted for life! I can make hats and scarves but that's it, when it gets more difficult than that I'm just completely lost.


I'm finding it very awkward to go for a walk right now. Not in the sense that I don't have the time or I don't want to, but the weather! It's too cold to go out in just a top or a t-shirt, but wearing a long sleeved shirt on top of it is a bit too much. Noticed that today as well, I really wanted to take my hoodie off halfway through my walk but figured that I'd just catch a cold if I did. And don't really have that much spare money to actually do more shopping right now. First world problems. :p

And I also should go get my eyes checked, I'm really starting to struggle. I've had glasses since I was quite young, I started needing them for reading, looking at a computer screen and so on. My last eye check was 6-7 years ago and it's really starting to be clear that I need to get them checked again. I don't really use my current glasses for that very reason, my eyesight has actually changed so much since then that they don't really help. I'm just finding it very difficult to actually read anything on our white board at uni, I need to go sit close to the screen to be able to read the text.

I actually had a little trial run with my glasses last night. They didn't help. At all. I was only able to wear them for about 10 minutes and just had to take them off, my eyes felt so weird as they were trying to adjust to the lenses. Oh well, something to get sorted out when I finally get my student finance come through. :p

You Might Also Like

0 comments