Absolutely shattered!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today has definitely been a productive one! Woke up really early despite thinking that I'd have a nice lie in this morning so I figured that I might as well get my exercise out of the way first thing in the morning. Our initial plan was to go to the gym before I had to go to work but unfortunately my other half got delayed at work so had to come up with stuff to do on my own.

It was so nice and sunny in the morning so I decided that I'll go for a walk. I was really tempted to give jogging a go as I've been doing so well with it at the gym lately. I was a bit nervous about doing long distances on the hard roads (had no idea how big of an impact it'd have on my back) so I did my jog interval style. I basically just jogged a small distance (like from one crossing to another), walk to get my heart rate down and rinse n repeat. It really worked well, my back didn't mind it one bit and I felt like I had accomplished something huge by the time I got back home. It was only about a 3,4km route but that's ok, it's a good starting point for longer jogs. :)


And just because the jog wasn't enough, I also tortured myself a bit with Jillian Michaels' 6 Week Six-Pack. I've got a set of four DVDs from her (and Body Revolution), but I figured that I didn't want a long workout and I also tend to ignore my core a bit too much at the gym. Well yeah, half an hour later I definitely felt it! Clothes soaking wet, out of breath and muscles aching. Love it. If you're not sweating by the end of your workout, you're doing it wrong in my opinion!


It left me with just about enough time to make myself look presentable for work haha! Just imagine the look on the customers' faces if I just marched into work looking like I've just been in a sauna for 15 minutes! I really could feel all the exercise at work, standing up at the tills for 4,5 hours was a workout on it's own after this morning!

But at least now I can just relax for the rest of the night without feeling guilty. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments