A sustainable future

Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's a known fact that we waste a lot of our resources on this planet. While one person might not make a huge impact on it all, it will definitely add up. If nobody thinks that they can make a change, where would we be today?

With this in mind, I actually ordered myself a stainless steel water bottle. I think I was mainly attracted to the fantastic colour of it, but oh well! Adding water also makes the surface of the bottle feel nice and cool, which will definitely be a plus during workouts. 



And as always, there's the health related side to this purchase. Normal plastic bottles can contain a chemical called BPA (Bisphenol A), a possibly very harmful chemical to the human body. It can cause negative changes in the brain, behaviour and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. It can also affect fertility of women and block normal hormone function.

BPA can transfer from the plastic onto food and drink, especially when heated. It is quite worrying to think that it could have a huge negative effect on my life in the long run. I'm still not quite plastic bottle free (I still buy way too much Diet Coke..), but I'm definitely working on it. Now that I've got my new shiny bottle, I don't have to worry about it leaking and making my bag soaking wet when I'm out and about. That's right, I'm planning on taking this baby everywhere. It's so pretty.

Anyways, enough about all this seriousness. ;)

This week has been quite a busy one in all fairness. I've also had a few days when I've just felt upset for no good reason, I don't know if it's just my body's way of telling me that it's still in shock with all these changes to my daily schedule or something. Like for example, I don't have any days off this week and my next week looks exactly the same. And I should carry on with my uni work at home on top of that. Very shattered lately.

Thursday.


But thankfully we are getting a "day off" on Monday - our course tutor wants to take us to London! A bit torn about it to be fair, in a way it'll be very nice to do something completely different (and I love London) but then again I also can't really afford it right now. Getting there will cost a fair bit and whatever extra we do on top of our scheduled stuff won't be free either. :p Oh well, payday soon! :D

I do really enjoy uni thought, I feel like the course is exactly what I want and have made some lovely friends over these few weeks. :) Will just have to wait and see how these friendships evolve, though. Learned to be a bit cautious with new people. Maybe it's a bad thing, maybe it's not.

Oh and I coloured my hair (again). Right now not looking too presentable so a picture will have to wait.

You Might Also Like

0 comments