They're just numbers

Sunday, September 01, 2013

As I am so close to hitting the magical barrier of 73.2kg, I had a look at pictures that were taken a few weeks before I hit my back. It was a bit of an "oh my god" moment for me. It really sank in that the reading on the scale really is just numbers.

The pictures on the left are from July 2012. I was roughly 73kg.
The pictures on the right are from today. I currently am 74kg.

Last year I didn't do exercise, all the exercise I did was at work, lugging a hoover around, carrying heavy bin bags or moving furniture around. No proper cardio, no gym. This time round, I've really dedicated a lot of time to working out. Ever since January I've been doing all these workout DVDs at home and been going to the gym for the past month. I feel and look better and thinner than I did a year ago. I can quite honestly say that I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm only getting started.

Just by looking at these pictures I can really tell that building muscle has done wonders to my posture. My shoulders are back and not hunched forward. It's a very good feeling to see this kind of change in yourself.


This top has always been quite tight for me around the chest. But then again, I'm not getting any less chesty in the near future I don't think, that fat is holding onto my body like it's the end of the world!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hyvältä näyttää! Ryhtikin on selvästi parempi ja kyllä siinä on iso ero miten itsensä kantaa. Olet kaunis. :)

    - Fätti

    http://fatistanatiksi.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mun kommentti ei tainnut tullavii meksi, mutta ei se haittaa kirjoittelen sen nyt uusiksi :) !
    Tykkään sun blogista muuten paljon erityisesti siksi, että se on ns. erilainen. Tarkoitan sitä, että kovin moni suomalainen ei kirjoita englanniksi. Luin tätä blogia putkeen ainakin puolituntia ja sain sulta kauhean ispiksen lähteä lenkille entiedä miksi :D Ainut mitä parantaisin niin ottaisin kommentoinnista sanavahvistuksen pois. Kuitenkin superkiva blogi sulla ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon, aivan ihana kuulla että blogi toimii inspiraationlähteenä edes yhelle ihmiselle! :)

      Mie otin itse asiassa tuon sanavahvistuksen pois päältä yhteen vaiheeseen, mutta pistin sen kymmenen minuutin päästä takas päälle kun se bottien määrä oli ihan uskomaton. Sain viisi spämmikommenttia siinä kymmenessä minuutissa. :/

      Delete