Late starts and retail therapy

Monday, June 08, 2015

Ever get that feeling that some days you're just playing constant catch-up? Well I definitely had one of those today. My phone has been playing up pretty much since I got it (the wonders of second hand products!), it just freezes up on its own and the only way to revive it is to take the battery out completely and let it reboot itself. It does also just reboot itself every now and then when it feels like it. Well, it decided to freeze up somewhere between me going to bed and waking up this morning. As a result I woke up 30 minutes before I was meant to be at work and it completely threw my day upside down.

I'm one of those people who likes to just sit in front of the TV for half an hour in the morning while eating breakfast. And I also drink my coffee black so it takes FOREVER to cool down enough. :D Being so rushed in the morning left me really grumpy and short tempered for the entire day, it's just not a good way to start a day.

But moving on, it's not worth worrying about for too long! I've been experimenting with cooking every since we came back from holiday, and my new favourite thing is cooking salmon in one of those tin foil pockets you just chuck in the oven. All I add to it is the juice of one lemon, salt, pepper and whatever herbs I have in the kitchen at the time. It makes the fish so moist and delicious without compromising on the healthy side of it, all I need is a few more herbs to change it up every time.


And now that I'm back to active working out, I felt like I could allow myself to buy a new outfit too! I've been subscribed to Fabletics for absolutely ages, but keep skipping the monthly pick because I've not been exercising enough (or at all..) to justify buying more gym clothes. I keep seeing these really cute cutout / see-through style trousers absolutely everywhere, and even Fabletics kinda picked up on it this month. The second I saw these trousers I just knew I had to buy them, and now that I'm back on the healthy wagon I decided to treat myself a bit. ;)

The top is just a very plain pink top, but in all fairness I'm not that keen on anything with too many details or straps or dangly bits. They'd just get in the way when working out, so simple tops all the way! The mesh fabric on the trousers go all the way to about half thigh, but the see-through bit only goes up to your knee. Just cute enough without feeling too trashy.



Oh and Body Revolution is going brilliantly. In twelve days I've shed 1.7kg (3.7lb) and I can already tell the difference in my energy levels. I'm glad I've been able to drop the initial bloating in such a short time again, and now I'm just fully focused to get into the rhythm of working out six days a week after such a long break. The workouts paired up with opening up my muscles with a foam roller every night is making it so much easier to stand up at work all day as well. Here's to a healthy and fit summer!

You Might Also Like

0 comments