Happy Pancake day!

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

It's that time of the year again - first Tuesday of March! This means Pancake day! I really love pancakes, and I've posted about them a few times before.. :) Today was actually a double pancake day in a way, hah.

This time I wanted to try something slightly different with the batter. Instead of going for my usual recipe, I decided to try the very simple '1 part flour, 1 part milk, 1 egg + sugar & salt' method. I did actually use a bit more milk, because the batter was just so thick that it would've made the American style pancakes instead of crepes. I also finally got around to trying them with wholemeal flour as well! I wanted to throw in some of my Vi-shape powder as well, but my other half wasn't too keen on the idea.

Even with a weird recipe and different flour, they were absolutely delicious! I topped mine with honey and strawberries, instead of my usual blueberries and maple syrup. There's so many different toppings I'd love to try eventually, and that'll naturally mean more pancake posts, eh. ;)


And for dinner we had a different kind of pancake - fajitas! My other half had been asking for fajitas for several days now, and me making them tonight was pure coincidence! It's nice how things work out sometimes, though. 


I'm finally starting to get to the stage, where our flat is starting to feel really homely. I'm in the process of designing a painting to hang on the lounge wall, but other than that I'm starting to be really happy with all the things I've found to put on the walls. Our little nerd cave is so incredibly cool right now, and once our sofas arrive our TV area will be perfect.


As the flat itself is quite bland with cream coloured walls, I really wanted to find something really colourful and detailed to go on the walls. The Big Bang Theory poster was an absolute find, I spotted it at work when we were clearing stock and knew instantly, that it belongs on our walls!


The incredibly beautiful Nebula- poster has been on my wishlist for probably over a year now, so it was such a no-brainer for me. Just the colours of it are breathtaking, couldn't of wished for a better poster to hang up.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
- Albert Einstein

I've been a huge fan of Banksy for absolutely ages now, and I wanted to get one of his pieces to go on our TV area wall. There's just something about his work that really speaks to me. The simplicity of them, the sarcasm, the hard hitting truth. The Balloon Girl has always been one of my favourites, and it'll just tie up with everything else I've got planned for that part of the lounge. Can't wait to have all the final pieces to complete it all.


All of these posters are available on Amazon: BBT, Nebula, Balloon Girl.

You Might Also Like

0 comments