Simple & healthy chicken pie

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Well, this post is rather late! I was going to post this recipe yesterday, but I just had one of those days when I didn't feel like doing much!


Ok, so! The original recipe is by The Good Morning, this incredible Finnish foodie blog I've followed for a while now. Thank you Kaisa for making it public, the pie was amazing!

Simple & healthy chicken pie

400-600g chicken fillets
2-3 bits of garlic
seasoning to taste

250g quark or natural yoghurt (I used soya yoghurt)
1 egg
1tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1dl (~ half a cup) flour of choice - go for the healthier options if you can!



Fry the chicken and season to taste. While waiting, simply mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and pour them in a cake tin or brownie tray. Once the chicken is cooked, carefully place the meat over the base. There might be some liquid on the pan from the meat, so be careful not to pour that all over the base! Cook for 30 mins in 200 celcius and you're good to go!

 
You can pimp it up any way you feel like - add peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese, goats cheese.. Absolutely anything you fancy! I used green peppers, and I'm already planning the next version of this! Maybe some sesame seeds, chillies... Yum!

You Might Also Like

0 comments