Back from hibernation

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

I don't even know how to begin! It's been a really crazy few months, and to put it bluntly it really hasn't been easy.

Without going into too much detail, I've been under quite some pressure and stress. That coupled up with my back issues firing up recently, it was really clear to me that I really need a big change in my life or my health will go down rapidly - both mentally and physically.

A few of my friends kept asking me why I haven't written anything for such a long time. Well the answer has been way too simply - I haven't had the time or energy for it. Getting home around eight in the evening after a long day at work, cooking dinner and getting ready for bed has pretty much been my life for a very long time. And you know what, we all have that certain point where we can't take it anymore. I had very little energy left for the things that kept me happy; exercise, going out, gaming.. Even sleep was something I struggled with, and had to result to getting some sleeping pills to get any kind of sleep.

But you know what guys? Something that stressful isn't worth it. I don't live just to feel like I have no personal life left at the end of the day. I want to feel like 'me' again. And that is exactly why I needed to make this big change. For the past week I've felt like a completely different person, I've had the chance to express who I am, not bound to a certain mould anymore.

And what better way to symbolise such a big change than to colour my hair red again? I felt like a little child at Christmas when I went to Boots on Sunday, it was genuinely the most excited I've been about something so meaningless for quite a while. I've always thought that red was my colour (despite being so awkward to keep nice..), and honestly right now I couldn't be happier.


You Might Also Like

0 comments