End of yet another year

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 has been a tough one, but at the same one of the most rewarding years of my life so far. I feel very grateful for even the moments where I felt like I wanted to give up, as it gave me something invaluable in return. New wonderful friendships made, a complete change in career and while for most of the year my mind has been elsewhere than my fitness & weight loss goals, I am happy. I feel like I've fought my way through all the bad things and come out of it all a winner. Thank you to everyone who's made it possible - you know who you are. <3

To highlight some of the awesome things that happened this year, I browsed through my Instagram account and grabbed some random shots here and there. Enjoy! :)

Moving house in February.
Celebrating my weight loss journey so far.
Download Festival with my brother in June. Powerman 5000 on stage.

Lots of Noom related stuff all year long!

A brilliant t-shirt found at EGX London, an absolute nerd heaven. ;)

I had the chance to go home to Finland in November.
Absolutely loving the new job, working most of Christmas didn't bother me at all!

.. and after eight years I finally managed to get myself new glasses! They make me feel so smart. ;)

So do I have any set plans for 2015? Well, I don't really believe in resolutions, I mainly plan and set targets for myself. I want to keep going on the same path I have been for the past month or so - I've simply felt happy and very calm since removing myself from a lot of restrain and stress. I can finally express exactly who I am, pretty much all that pressure has been taken off me and I can just go back to enjoying my life.

Weight loss wise I'm absolutely dying to get back into a good routine with both diet and exercise. I'm going to wait out the Jan/Feb gym rush and focus on working out at home, but eventually I really really want to start doing the 5x5 Stronglifts. I mentioned it a while ago but I just never got around to it - mainly because of work. Now, I know it sounds like the worst excuse in the world to slip to bad habits, and my solution was to find work that wouldn't take up 10-12 hours of my day and drain me completely. While I won't have the same time to dedicate to weight loss as I did when I was recovering from my back injury, I will definitely have bundles of time compared to earlier this year!

2015, I can't wait for you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments