Happy Father's day!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's day over here in England (and I think the US?), so happy Father's day all! :) Highly slacky day, considering going for a walk a bit later once my dinner has settled though. So a slightly brief post this time.

My other half loves having a cooked breakfast on Sunday morning. He stayed in bed until 12 today as he didn't sleep too well so thought that I'd cheer him up a bit by making cooked breakfast for him (and as lunch for me). I absolutely hate the taste of pork so I substituted the bacon with some grilled tomatoes and beetroot. Yum.


And dinner! Oh my gosh. My mother in law decided to cook this amazing dish from Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals. Cod with a spicy and tangy sauce and breadcrumb topping, served with roasted potatoes and a salad.


And as it's Father's day, a little something for my father in law. :) I found this delicious chocolate cake recipe and wanted to try it out! It is a more healthy option for the normal gooey chocolate cake, this recipe has next to no flour (two tablespoons) and no butter. The recipe itself counts a slice of this deliciousness at 164 calories and I added a bit of white chocolate and dark chocolate shavings on top that bumped the calorie count up a bit.


In a way I feel so guilty for having that slice of cake as I'm really trying to cut down on all unnecessary food for a while. But then again, you've got to let yourself enjoy a bit of something sweet every now and then. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments