Pick Your Own is the best thing ever!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

What a lovely Sunday! Probably one of the more eventful Sunday in a while. Instead of sitting indoors all day my other half actually wanted to go out with me. And that's never a bad thing, gives me the chance to dress up and make myself look all pretty!


We keep driving past this pub really close to our house and every time it's sunny, it's absolutely packed. People just seem so happy sitting there in the sun, having a drink and a bite to eat with friends or family. As it's been so sunny, we thought that we wanted to be a part of that. I was very pleasantly surprised actually! Apart from the very whacky wallpaper (even the ceiling was covered in it..) it was a very nice place. I wasn't going to order anything big, but then I saw the organic beef burger on the board and couldn't help myself. I was so glad I went for it instead of a salad, it was one of the best burgers I've ever had. Very nicely cooked and the portion was just big enough to fill me up (without making me feel like I wanted to roll out of the door!).

I ordered pudding simply out of pure curiosity. They make Sambuca flavoured sorbet!! I've always loved liqourice and Sambuca is probably one of my top spirits, for me liqourice is a piece of my childhood.

I am so going back to this pub. Highly recommend The Walnut Tree if you ever happen to pass by.




After lunch we popped into this Pick Your Own garden at a nursery close to where we live. They have so many things you can go and pick is amazing - strawberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, peas, a few different types of beans, apples, blackberries... Unfortunately only the strawberries and gooseberries were in season today, need to go back in a few weeks to get some more stuff! Especially looking forward to getting some peas and blackberries, yum. My choice of clothing was completely wrong for today, though! It was so incredibly windy so I had to hold onto my dress to keep it down. Not a fan of the thought of flashing everyone near me!



Half of the strawberries are just gonna be eaten like that with a bit of sugar, rest will be used to make a pie or a cake. :) Haven't quite figured out what to make with the gooseberries, but I'll most likely end up making jam. Just need to get some jars to store them in.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Onpas hurjan nätti tuo punainen mekko! :3



    ❤: http://kehvelijehnakas.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! :) Taitaa olla jo yli kolme vuotta vanha mekko, hämärästi muistan sen ostaneeni Suomesta.. :D Tosi vähälle käytölle jäänyt, ei oo ihan itsevarmuus riittäny tuon pitämiseen ennen. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I found your blog as I was cruising the net for some other UK diet blogs... It's always good for the moral to see you're not the only one on a diet! Your blog has been quite motivating thank you for keeping it updated, so many diet bloggers just give up on it after a couple of months... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the kind words! Keeping the blog has definitely helped me tons, sometimes I feel like it's the thing that's keeping me going! Just looking back at old posts and getting the "oh my god I've changed" feeling is just such a motivation boost.

      Delete