Happy Valentine's Day!

Friday, February 14, 2014

So much to talk about today! It's going to be a long one. ;)

Our flat is finally starting to shape up, all we are missing now is the bed frame, sofa and a chair for the lounge. It's getting very exciting now, we had an engineer come over yesterday to setup our internet, so we are all good to go! We both rely on internet quite a bit (my other half is self employed and I blog and do a lot of research for uni online), so we decided to stay put until it's sorted. So right now it looks like that our final move in day is on Sunday! Very excited!

The mattress arrived on Wednesday, and goes without saying that I absolutely had to test it instantly. ;)
I'm so proud of my little kitchen! It's really compact, but has just about enough room for our appliances and still leaves a small bit clear for food prep. It's so important to have a clean diet when losing weight, and I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen, experimenting with healthy recipes and when my kit arrives, sampling plenty of different Body By Vi shake variations. Yum!



I decided to start today off really well and head to the gym nice and early again! I was greeted with miserable weather when I got out of bed, but I didn't let it stop me. After all, I'll be indoors for the hour I work out, a little bit of rain while walking to the bus stop won't kill me! It's just so great to be able to go to the gym in the morning a few times a week, it just gives me such an incredible boost of energy for the rest of the day!


I did a legs & bum workout today. It's been a very long time since I've actually done a full leg workout, so I was expecting my legs to be weak. Oh I was so wrong! I remember doing 50kg-50kg-60kg on the leg press last autumn, so figured that I'll drop the weights by 10kg for the sets. I wanted to start off easy, but it turns out that I could've just carried on where I left all those months ago! 40-40-50 just didn't do anything for my legs, I felt so confused after the last set! Overall the workout went smoothly and I bet I'm going to feel it tomorrow!

As I'm preparing to do my Body By Vi challenge, I popped into Holland & Barrett after my workout to get a shaker bottle. It's a basic bottle with no extra bits to it and only set me back £4.55. I love the markings for liquid measurements on the side, it'll make it a lot easier for me to mix my shakes when I need to take them with me when I'm out and about!




So, it's Valentine's Day! We were originally planning on going out for dinner tonight, but every restaurant we looked at was fully booked on Wednesday! Should've planned ahead and book it a few weeks in advance.. :) But nevermind, with the weather being so abysmal and Tesco offering the Valentine's Day meal deal for £20, it doesn't seem like such a loss anymore! We are definitely not going hungry tonight - chips, chicken gratin for me + flat iron steak for my other half, minted veg, pudding and a bottle of Prosecco is on the menu! I actually have no idea if I even like Prosecco, but it was a choice between a bottle of wine or bubbly and a box of chocolates, so it was a case of picking the lesser of two evils here! As I'm not a big drinker, the Prosecco was by far the best choice out of the two (I think the chocolates would've gone in 15 minutes or so..). Now all I need to do is wait for my other half to finish work so I can stick it all in the oven and enjoy a peaceful night in with the love of my life.


While Valentine's Day is heavily focused on couples, I wanted to let you gorgeous singletons in on a little secret. Valentine's Day is called Ystävänpäivä in Finnish, which actually translates into Friends Day (ystävä being 'friend') when translated word to word. When I was in school, we'd always have a hug day on Valentine's Day, meaning that you run around with a cardboard heart hung around your neck and you get people to sign your heart for every hug you give. For me Valentine's Day is all about appreciating every single person you care about, not just your partner. While you should show your friends, family and loved ones that you care about them every single day of the year, Valentine's Day is a day for a little bit of extra loving.

So therefore, happy Valentine's Day to everyone who's had a positive impact on my life! All my old school friends back in Finland, my college & uni friends over here in England, my family, my in-laws, the people I work with (old work mates included!), my wonderful blog followers..

I love you all!

You Might Also Like

0 comments