Chocolate overload

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I'm so in love with the fact, that it only takes me 5ish minutes to get to the gym now. Just the thought of getting out of bed in the morning, finding my gym kit and walking to the gym is pure gold! ♥ I love going to the gym enough as it is, and actually having it so close is making me go a bit nuts!

As it's Wednesday, it was my cardio day. 25 minutes on the treadmill followed by a few core exercises and 15 minutes on the elliptical. I really should try rowing and cycling as well, but I'm just a bit worried that they'll put too much pressure on my back and I'll end up getting injured again. Better to play it safe for now and see how things evolve in the next few months.


My stomach really didn't react well to half a litre of milk yesterday, so popped into the shop on my way home from the gym and got some soya milk. I did mention my potential lactose intolerance not so long ago, but never got around to getting myself tested and all the symptoms vanished for a while so I forgot about it. But now that I'm actively drinking milk again, all the symptoms came back and I figured that it's better to give soya milk a go and see how my stomach handles it.

I've gotta say, the soya has really helped! On top of making my stomach calm down, the shake mix doesn't taste quite as sickly sweet as it did with milk. Think this is my choice of milk from now on! I can't really even taste the difference between normal milk and the soya version, so in the long run it doesn't even matter that much. The soya milk is obviously more expensive, but I think I'd rather pay a bit extra for it than suffer with stomach pains every day for the next three months.


My lunch today was literally a chocolate explosion! I decided to try the chocolate flavouring with my shake and also grabbed one of the chocolate chip cookies haha! The chocolate flavouring isn't as strong as the strawberry one, and my shake didn't really taste that different to the normal version.


I've actually got a massive craving for brownies right now, and I'd have the perfect healthy recipe for them. Just not quite sure if Tesco Express stocks the ingredients I need to make them. Hmm. Worth walking down the road to check? My cravings are saying hell yes, but my legs are sore from earlier!

You Might Also Like

0 comments