Stereotypes and over the top people

Friday, April 12, 2013

I read a gaming forum daily, and the health & fitness forums over there never stop to amaze me with the amount of dribbling idiots post there. Now, I'm not saying I'm an expert with all this stuff but there's two things that constantly come up.

"Don't ask for advice here, go to a professional website."
I mean what? Just because it's a gaming forum, it doesn't mean that people don't know what they're talking about. This is just stereotyping, not every gamer in the world is an overweight nolife who lives in their mum's basement. You get as many idiots on any website you go to, posting on a bodybuilding forum doesn't make you an expert.

 Not every gamer is like this! :D

"It's all or nothing."
There was this thread about Coke Zero and if you should drink it or not. A lot of people seem to have the all or nothing mindset, where you must always drink water and eat salad and never have anything that's considered bad for you. Being healthy is a lifestyle, you are allowed to treat yourself every now and then. It's not about banning all the delicious foods you love and never even looking at them again. Unless you go absolutely mad and stuff your face with 5000 calories, you'll be absolutely fine. And seriously, out of all the sodas you could drink, Coke Zero has to be one of the best options out there...

You're allowed to eat more things than just leaves.

And just to ramble about my own issues for a bit! :D For the past few days I've really struggled to hit my calories. I want to stay above 1200 every day but I've cut down on so many calorie dense foods and drinks that I'm not hitting my targets anymore! I know how incredibly important it is to eat enough when working out so I'm just a bit annoyed. I just can't help it, I'm feeling constantly full so eating extras outside lunch and dinner are a real challenge at the moment.

You Might Also Like

0 comments