Weight Loss Resources review

Saturday, January 18, 2014


I was contacted by the Weight Loss Resources team earlier this week and I was introduced to a wonderful new website that offers fad-free weight loss support to everyone. I had a good look around for a few days and had a go with most of the features offered by the site, and I can most definitely recommend WLR for anyone who needs the structured support and community to aid with their weight loss! I've picked four of the site's features to go through in this review, but there's a lot more to Weight Loss Resolutions than that! I highly recommend having a look at their website to see what they offer.

WLR is a very affordable £9.95 a month and you get discounts for signing up for longer contracts at a time. They are also the only provider offering a free trial! You get 24 hours to have a look around before committing to a payment scheme and you are not required to enter any credit card details during your trial.


The website offers motivating success stories from current members and a big forum community to inspire their members to keep going. Losing weight can definitely be a bumpy ride at times, so it is nice to be able to get the peer support and get your spark back.

For someone who's tried Weight Watchers online before, I can be quite picky. I did like the amount of features WW offered and I've been struggling to find anything similar. The main feature I loved with WW was the recipe finder and now I can happily say that this void has been filled! The thing I really liked the most about the WLR recipe search is that you can actually search by macros! Just how cool is that? You can also filter recipes by calories and fibre amount or look up specific meals if you're stuck for ideas.


The food diary is something out of this world for me. It's clear, it shows you how your macros have divided throughout the day and even tells you exactly how much you should be eating and what your maintenance calories are. It just couldn't get any more simpler than that. I think people are a bit scared about counting calories as it can be quite a tricky thing to do, but WLR really covers that for you. All you need to do is search for the food you've just had, tell the counter how much you had and that's it! There's no need to scan any nutrition labels to try and figure it out, making it a lot easier for the member.


I would've liked to test the website for a good few weeks to give this progress graph a really good go, but in all fairness I was just a bit too excited to let you all know about this diamond that I got a bit impatient! Anyways, the progress graph lets you see all the key data in one glance and it's just brilliant. I'm used to tracking my progress on a spreadsheet, which can be quite confusing as all I see is numbers! WLR has really gone out of their way to ensure that the member gets all the important information about their progress on one clear page. You also have the choice of entering extra measurements into the system, such as thigh, chest, waist, hips and so on. It'll just give you a more detailed reading of how well you are doing and it's a feature I strongly recommend using!


Weight Loss Resolutions has so many different features that I could go on all day, but I'd just be taking away from the amazing experience you could have as well! Currently WLR doesn't seem to have a mobile version of their site or an app you can use on the go, but I'm sure that's on the team's to do- list. :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Your blog seems very informative, Thanks for sharing this kind of information. Your blog was very helpful for me. Keep further posting.

    Weight Loss Resource

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful article, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree; this is one of the best weight management resources I have seen. I am giving it a go also. By the way, I'm a Male aged 65 who likes a drink!!!

    ReplyDelete