Biotin experiment

Monday, January 06, 2014

I want 2014 to be full of fun little challenges and experiments. The very first experiment I'm going to start is biotin. I've always had really brittle nails and lately my hair has been really damaged (no matter how much I cut it) so I figured that I might as well give biotin a go! A lot of people seem to praise it and I've heard nothing but good things about it for years, so I ordered myself a bottle a few days ago.

This is simply something I ordered off Amazon, but any good supermarket and health food retailer should stock at least one brand of biotin. This bottle will last me for three months and a bit (one tablet a day) and I'm going to post updates on this once a month.


And it wouldn't be an experiment without proper documentation! Excuse the slightly blue nails, I removed my nail polish for the pictures so the damage is visible. I really love the look of natural nails but I just have to cover all the damage with some polish. I also use the polish to try and protect my nails, they start breaking once they get to this length.

Really hoping that it at least makes my nails a bit better, I want to be able to have long nails and not worry about them snapping all the time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments