Feeling amazing!

Friday, January 03, 2014

Oh it's been so nice to get hold of my usual routine again - both exercise and diet wise.

We spent our New Year's eve at home. We kept thinking about going out to watch some fireworks but we never figured out who's organised it around here and on top of that it was raining all day, so that did dampen the party mood a bit. And we've never actually gone out for New Year's before, why break that tradition eh? ;) Instead we subscribed to Netflix, watched Hunger Games and a few episodes of Rome. Was a very chilled way to end the year and I loved it! I prefer to stay in instead of going out to drink, such a blessing when it comes to trying to stick to your healthy diet.

I mean don't get me wrong, I do like to have a few drinks every now and then to relax. I just don't agree with going out to drink just for the fun of it and get completely off your trolley. It's just not me and I'm quite glad about it. Saving both money and my liver.


It's been really nice to go back to normal cooking after the holidays. I'm just so packed with motivation and energy to get back to it all and it shows! My menu has looked quite lovely so far; salmon cakes with sweet potato chips (+ a few potato chips I cooked for my other half), salmon with quinoa and veg, red pepper and onion omelette.. Yum! 


My foam roller has been in good use so far as well! I've started rolling after every walk and workout I do and it really seems to help with recovery. I also got rid of some shoulder tension last night but oh my god did it hurt!! My muscles and joints kept crunching as I rolled away, at times I felt like I was going to pass out when I went over a sore spot! But it's so worth it, I feel a lot more... nimble now. ;) I think I need to go over my shoulders again today though, just to make sure all the knots are gone.

And the sides of my thighs are incredibly sore, I can't actually roll them for too long because it does get quite painful after a while. Just need to do them a little at a time until I get rid of all the tension. It's weird how you never actually realise that you have all these painful spots in your body until you really go over them with a roller or during a massage. I believe that your general wellbeing has a lot to do with knowing how to listen to your body, both physically and mentally.


The very first thing I did this morning was go for a walk (didn't even have coffee when I got out of bed!). I knew the weather was going to take a turn for the worse again today and I thought that it was best to take advantage of the brief period of sunshine we had this morning and go for a walk. I decided against running as I did a leg & bum workout last night, better to let my muscles rest a bit.

As I love going to the seafront when I go for my walks, I couldn't resist going over there for a bit of fresh sea air. We've actually had weather warnings and they recommend you to stay away from the sea and I can see why! I have never seen the tide so high over here and the wind was insane, it actually made my eyes water as I was trying to get a nice picture of the waves! I can only imagine what the wind would do to a little toddler or a small dog. I hope people listen to these warnings instead of trying to be brave and see how close they can get!


Hopefully you all stay safe today and avoid all the damage to your houses, the wind is only going to get stronger from now on.

You Might Also Like

2 comments